The use of computers in everyday life is not unusual anymore. Although smartphones can now do many things with regard to digital data, but computers / laptops are still very much needed, such as working for example. A computer is a machine that certainly requires maintenance to keep it running properly. However, even though we’ve been keeping it up properly, it could be that the laptop is broken which would be very annoying. Such as: laptop screen lines.
One of the damages you may experience is the problem on the laptop screen. Characteristics of LCD features damaged laptop can be seen from the screen display blue screen, striped, until the dark alias does not display anything even though the laptop machine is alive. In this article we will cover how to fix striped laptop screen.
There are usually two types of lines that appear on a striped laptop screen. First a straight line that extends vertically, with a smooth black or white color and does not move. Interference with such characteristics is usually caused by damage to the LCD screen panel. Both are wavy lines that extend horizontally and move up and down, or in the form of small lines that appear randomly. Interference with these characteristics can occur due to problems in LCD panel cables, VGA, RAM, or other hardware that affects the LCD. Here are some ways you can do to solve the problem:
1. Using Pixel Repair
Table of Contents
Damage to LCD screen panel marked with straight line black / white, fine and not moving; Caused by a dead pixel. Dead pixels can occur because of a congenital defect on the screen panel since the computer was purchased, or it could be due to other errors such as pressure on the screen that is too hard.
Pixel Repair is a dead pixel detection software for Windows users. In addition to detecting dead pixels, software in can also help you to fix it, so you do not have to bother to disassemble the screen.
How to test dead pixels using Pixel Repair:
- Download, Install and run Pixel Repair software on your laptop.
- After the Pixel Repair dialog box appears, select the Pattern you want. I would rather recommend black or white.
- Click Enable to apply the color you selected on the screen.
- Look at the screen, if you have a black pattern, and you see the whole screen is black, then that means your laptop screen is in good condition. But if you find a white dot (or any other color) on the screen, then that means there is dead pixel on your screen.
- Click Esc to exit.
How to fix dead pixel using Pixel Repair:
- Run the Pixel Repair Program on your laptop.
- Select / click the Repair icon.
- Click Add to add and setting up the repair area.
- Drag the repair box to the location where the dead pixel is found.
- Use one of the repair configuration modes, for example, solid. If that does not work, use the noise mode.
For size, select the size that covers the dead pixel area.
- For frequency, if not usually changed 60 Hz.
- Clicks Add again to add another repair area, if you find more than one dead pixel on your laptop. Then do the same thing as point 4–7 above.
- The software will run the fix, wait a moment.
Pixel Repair program is lightweight, so it will not burden your laptop performance too heavy. In addition, you can still run other programs while running the pixel repair program. So you can fix your laptop while doing other things. In addition to fixing dead pixels on laptops, Pixel Repair can also be used for LCD on PC or other monitor screen.
2. Check the flexible cable screen
Flexible cables that connect the screen with the motherboard, sometimes loose or damaged. Check the cable connection, make sure it is installed properly. Try connecting the laptop to the external monitor screen, if the lines still appear, it means the damage is not on the flexible cable screen, also the screen panel. It could be damage due to problems in other components such as RAM, VGA or sometimes hard disk.
3. Checking RAM, VGA, or Hardisk
Check the RAM, open and clean the pins by using the eraser. Then plug it in properly. If there are two RAM slots, try to move them. If it does not matter, try installing another RAM, if line-line disappears means the cause is damage to RAM. To add insight, you can read the character traits of damaged computer RAM.
If the line still appears, continue by checking the VGA, if your VGA can be removed, try cleaning the pins, and do the same thing as above RAM. Unfortunately this can not be done if your VGA is on-board. You can continue checking other components.
A damaged hard drive, or a broken or incorrectly damaged hard drive cable, may also cause a striped screen. You can check it by replacing the hard disk cable, or install another hard drive to make sure.
4. Updating VGA drivers
Drivers that have not been updated in the old-time can sometimes be the cause of the outlines on the laptop screen. This is due to lack of synchronization of old VGA drivers with the latest program. To fix this, you can download your laptop VGA driver update, which is usually provided on your VGA vendor’s official website.
So some ways to fix a striped laptop screen you can do. Using the Pixel Repair program to fix dead pixels on your screen panel, then check the flexible cables that connect the screen with the motherboard, update the VGA driver, and check other components such as RAM, VGA, and Hardisk.